LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

my 17 yr. old son wants to move in with me (father) and his

my 17 yr. old son wants to move in with me (father) and his brother, he now lives with his mother, can he move in with me before i have a court date?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 years ago.
Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

While you son may not unilaterally decide to move from his mother's residence to yours, based on his age, when you have the hearing to Modify Custody based on his choice to live with you, it is almost a certainty that the court will approve the move. Also make sure to have the child support Order Modified so that you stop paying support for him and your ex begins to pay you support.

I wish you and your son the best in 2011.

Because I help people here, like you, for a living---this is not a hobby for me, and I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX abiding by the honor system as regards XXXXX XXXXX I wish you and your family the best in your respective futures.

Would you be so kind as to Accept my Answer so that I may be compensated for assisting you? Bonuses for greatly informative and helpful answers are very much appreciated. Thanks Again,

Doug