NateFamilyLaw, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have worked with individuals regarding family law questions for 7 years

I have my first divorce settlement conference scheduled in

Customer Question

I have my first divorce settlement conference scheduled in 3 days. My lawyer was unprepared to give me proposals 2 weeks ago, and he & his paralegal are both out of the office today. I suffer from anxiety. I was also very emotional during (surprise to me) negotiations prior to the temporary support hearing in February, at which time he was impatient and rude. We mutually agreed that early preparation and a concrete game plan would increase the likelihood of success at future negotiations. Can I postpone the settlement conference? Should I switch attorneys?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  NateFamilyLaw replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome to

You can certainly switch attorneys at any time. Settlement Conferences are voluntary exercises anyway, so your spouse's attorney shouldn't be opposed to re-scheduling it for you to get another attorney.

I will be happy to follow up with you if you have additional questions. In the meantime, please click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for answering your question.

Nathan Moore
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer. would like guy with higher satisfaction rate than 77%