GeorgetownLawyr, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Experience: contested Divorces, custody disputes, Post dissolution modification, child support issues, adopti

Thanks for answering my question in the past.I am in a bitter

Thanks for answering my question in the past.I am in a bitter and contested divorce in my state of Texas that has lasted 10 months.We tried mediation without success because my wife wants every bit of me.I have a business-pharmacy and now the other attorney is requesting an appraisal and the judge ruled that i pay 25% of the cost.I am really worried because i worked hard for this business.
How do i prepare for this.Is there a way out of this.What should be my main concern as they dig through eveything.Thanks for you expected response
Category: Family Law
Expert:  GeorgetownLawyr replied 5 years ago.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be helping you resolve your matter.

Please remember there may be a delay as I may be helping other customers.

Did you understate income or conceal anything on your financial affidavits that will turn up when they go through the business books??
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I may not have disclosed every financial detail.

Ok, thanks. That should be your main concern that they discover financial details you have not provided. Is there anyway for you to stop this? no. It's a part of the discovery process in the divorce. I take that back, one way to stop it would be to give her what she wants to settle the case so that they do not go through your business with a fine tooth comb. IF you do not want to settle then this is the process you will endure. Those are the options in a divorce situation I'm afraid. I hope this clarifies.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work (as you would like to receive credit for your work). Positive feedback is also appreciated, if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is not required. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice. If you specifically want me to answer a future question put “FOR GEORGETOWN LAWYER” in the subject line and I will reply asap.