LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

COMMUNITY PROPERTY, I UNDERSTAND I PAY MY EX WIFE OUT OF MY

<u><strong>UNTIED STATES</strong></u>,,,,,,,COMMUNITY PROPERTY, I UNDERSTAND I PAY MY EX WIFE OUT OF MY RETIREMENT MONEY BUT SOME HOW SHE IS RECEIVING COMMUNITY PROPERTY AND WE DIDN'T OWN A HOUSE TOGETHER AT ALL SHE HAS BOUGHT A HOUSE TO MY UNDERSTANDING AFTER WE SPLIT WHAT CAN I DO?   UNITED STATES LAW PLEASE
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 years ago.
Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. It is normal that one spouse will receive a portion of the retirement fund of the other on divorce. It is also normal that if the marriage had any assets such as furniture, stocks and bonds, automobiles and the like, that the court would award part of those assets to each party in the divorce.

North Carolina is not a Community Property state and so I am confused by what you mean as regards XXXXX XXXXX that she is "RECEIVING COMMUNITY PROPERTY".

Once your wife and you are divorced, she is entitled to by a house if she chooses to do so---that is allowed under the law.

I wish you the best in 2011.

Because I help people here, like you, for a living---this is not a hobby for me, and I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX abiding by the honor system as regards XXXXX XXXXX I wish you and your family the best in your respective futures.

Would you be so kind as to Accept my Answer so that I may be compensated for assisting you? Bonuses for greatly informative and helpful answers are very much appreciated. Thanks Again,

Doug