Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

My brother is currently going thru terrible nasty divorce.

My brother is currently going thru terrible nasty divorce. Court ordered him to put 6000 in acct to have his business acct audited. I think his wife thinks he has money that he doesn't. They are already way overextended. He does not have the 6000 dollars. So court said that he should do n equity line on his house. He tried an it wasn't approved. She motioned for contempt. New judge said that he needs to try to get 6000 since it was previously ordered. He has since applied at 4 diff institutions and been declined. He goes back to court on wednesday and he is terrified of being held in contempt and going to jail. How can that happen if he DOESN'T HAVE THE MONEY. And if he goes to jail...what happens to get him out?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.

Hi

When he goes to court, he needs to have all loan applications that he submitted as well as the "rejection" or "Denial" letters from the financial institutions he applied for.

That way he can show that he tried to follow the Court's Order. With that information, he will not be held in Contempt.

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and Good luck