Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.

Ive been order by a superior court of california, by mistake, to pay child support

I've been order by a superior court of california, by mistake, to pay child support at 27% when in fact I have them 43% of the time as agreed and noted by order from child support services/mediation. I've made these payment for over three years. Do I get credited by for the over payment
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

I am sorry but no, you do not. Since it is deemed a legitimate court order (even with the mistake) and you failed to rectify this mistake right away, the order remains as placed on record. You absolutely can file and request a modification, possibly with a request to back-date the order from your filing date, but I do not see any judge actually give you full refund for the 3 years.

I am sorry.