LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
6761470

Joint 50/50 custody in the state of kansas what exactly are

Customer Question

Joint 50/50 custody in the state of kansas what exactly are the details of custody or child support? Me and my wife niether wants anything from the other. We both don't want money we just want to share custody we are both agreable.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 3 years ago.

Thanks so much for choosing this forum to pose your important legal question. I will do my best to give you some honest and accurate guidance as I answer your question.

1. I am a licensed attorney with family law litigation experience. I will be glad to try and answer your question. I hope that the following information will be helpful to you, but please just write back if you have any follow-up questions or need clarification on anything after reviewing the following information.
  2. "Joint 50/50 custody in the state of kansas what exactly are the details of custody or child support?" When it comes to custody matters, the overriding legal standard is always what is "in the best interests of the child(ren)". This controls over any parental preferences and is the primary concern. Concerning child support, that issue is primarily controlled by the statutory guidelines. In both instances (support and custody), the Court has a great deal of discretion (latitude) in making determinations. Truthfully, at initial stages of divorce proceedings there are generally more questions than answers. However, can learn more by going directly to the source and viewing the statutory factors for both custody and support: Kansas Statutes § 60-1610. Also, you would want to consult: Kansas Child Support Guidelines. Without a doubt, if your spouse is filing for divorce, the number one priority is to confer with a local family law attorney: Kansas Lawyer Referral Service.
  3. I hope that makes sense, but please do not hesitate to write back if needed. I shall be signing off soon to attend to some other professional obligations. Please rest assured, however, that I will be sure to check for any updated posts from you when I return to this online forum. I hope all works out.

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Benjamin M. Burt, Jr., Esq. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok maybe i need to clarify more. My wife filed for divorce with a lawyer I wasn't there when she did that. She showed me divorce papers later that we both are supose to sign tommorrow. Its shows for 30 days I will give her 120 dollars every two weeks. Once the 30 days is up it says i'll give her 90 dollars a month from then on. My wife tells me she told lawyer she didn't want any money from me. She says the lawyer told her the law says I have to pay the 120 dollars every two weeks for a month then 90 dollars a month after that. My wife says she repeatedly told the lawyer she wants nothing and wants 50 50 with me. My question is what the lawyer put in the legal forms im suppose to sign tommorrow is that true. That I have to pay that. My wife said she don't want money. ? I'm in Arkansas City, Kansas zip 67156 county of Cowley County.

Hello again,

Thanks for writing back -- good to hear from you.

I have opted out (without charge). My attorney colleagues are able to view your question, and a fellow legal expert can provide an answer if they choose to do so.

I would like to wish you all the best and truly hope you see this matter resolved for your son.

Take care and thanks again for choosing JustAnswer®!

[Please do not reply to this post as doing so will delay handling of your inquiry.]
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
<p>Ok maybe i need to clarify more. My wife filed for divorce with a lawyer I wasn't there when she did that. She showed me divorce papers later that we both are supose to sign tommorrow. Its shows for 30 days I will give her 120 dollars every two weeks. Once the 30 days is up it says i'll give her 90 dollars a month from then on. My wife tells me she told lawyer she didn't want any money from me. She says the lawyer told her the law says I have to pay the 120 dollars every two weeks for a month then 90 dollars a month after that. My wife says she repeatedly told the lawyer she wants nothing and wants 50 50 with me. </p><p>My question is what the lawyer put in the legal forms im suppose to sign tommorrow is that accurate with kansas law when you sign for 50/50 and both parties want nothing from each other that I still have to pay money even though my spouse doesn't wants nothing from me? </p><p>My wife said she don't want money. ? I'm in Arkansas City, Kansas zip 67156 county of Cowley County. </p>