How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LADY LAWYER Your Own Question
LADY LAWYER, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6536
Experience:  Family Law Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LADY LAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

family law

Customer Question

What do you do,besides not leave your child there, if his father won't let him have clothing and food items that i send over for him to have because he doesn't have it? The police even said they couldn't do anything about it. My son is 20 months old and also still in diapers...that i provide as well.Me and his father were never married and he filed a paternity suit on our son's 1st birthday back in june.we had an unsuccessful mediation in nov. and a case management conference is scheduled for mar. 21st.a hearing to appoint a guardien ad litem isn't until the end of april.i already gave my atty. $7,000 and we haven't even set foot in a courtroom yet. This issue with him not properly providing for our son when he's there is only 1 of the many issues.If i didn't send the things i send,he would not have what he needs.No one seems to care and i'm tired of being made out to be the bad guy! What can i do or who can i call who will do something about it now?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LADY LAWYER replied 6 years ago.


Hello, Thanks for choosing! I look forward to helping you today.


You have two options here. You can contact child protective services and file a complaint, or you can file an emergency motion for temporary custody and bring all of this to the attention to the court.


Please just let me know if you have any more questions. :) If not, please don't forget to click on the green accept button in the answer box so that I can receive credit for helping you. It is the only way I can receive compensation for my time and it will charge you nothing further to press accept. Thanks so much.


I am still here if you have more questions. :)

Customer :

because we were never married and weren't living together,i automatically have custody and he has no legal rights yet


Okay, so why are you taking him over there?

Related Family Law Questions