Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

I went through a divorce for almost 2 yrs. It cost me a fortune,

I went through a divorce for almost 2 yrs. It cost me a fortune, I paid my lawyer in full, and he credited my account for 4600K however he has not refunded the money to me, what can I do to get him to write this check as I am meeting with him today? I need the money and it comes to around 4K with what was left that still has not been finished up, which he is not supposed to be charging me for, as it was included.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

I am a Florida lawyer with 25 years experience. While I am not your lawyer and do not represent you, I will endeavor to provide you with legal information through this open and nonconfidential forum.

When you meet with your attorney you can consider requesting a written accounting of all moneys you have paid and a refund of excess moneys held by your attorney. If your attorney refuses to refund monies to which he has no claim, you may file a grievance with the Bar Association. A Bar Association grievance concerning escrow deposits is taken very seriously by the Florida Bar. I assume that your attorney would want to avoid their investigation