John Domestic
John Domestic, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 13 years of Experience in Family Law.

My 17 year old daughter was on an MTV program recently. We

My 17 year old daughter was on an MTV program recently. We signed the consent form for her to do this pass summer, but had no idea it was going to be so "trashy". It's an embarrassment for our family as well as our State. She was not paid any money for being on this show. There was under age drinking taking place, as well as other inapproiate behavior. She was supposed to be supervise by the Mother of her friends. Can I take any legal action against the mother or bar they went in or MTV? Thank You, XXXXX
Category: Family Law
Expert:  John Domestic replied 5 years ago.

Thank your for asking Just Answer,

There is no civil liability for the mother or the bar for allowing your daughter to drink provided that she was not physically harmed. You could turn the information you have to local authorities and they may choose to prosecute criminally.