Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

please tell me, when serving my exs lawyer can my server serve

please tell me, when serving my ex's lawyer can my server serve anyone in the office of the attorney (i.e. receptionist, secretary etc) or do we have to personally serve the attorney on record? thank you!

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

This depends - is the lawyer the actual defendant, or are they representing your ex?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
they represent my ex..Attorney for petitioner (I am the respondent..in pro per) .i was thinking I would serve both my and ex his attorney ...
I see - no, all you have to do is is to send it to their office certified, RRR (with their name) and have the clerk sign for it (it's enough) OR fax it to them and save the receipt for confirmation (this is also considered enough).

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work; I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

If you still need to clarify something or seek more information, just use the INFO button and I’d be more than happy to follow up to your satisfaction! There is no fee for follow up questions before or after an accept, should you wish to continue in the thread, and I encourage you to do so should you need clarification!

While the legal system tries to be inclusive of every possibility, sometimes, people are morally wronged but have limited legal avenues to seek relief. If so, please understand that this is not the expert’s fault, but the way of circumstance.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus is always appreciated!

You can always request me for a future advice through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank you..i have another question...I am filling out FL-485..Notice of Delinquency and on the first page #2. there are three columns...I put the amount of child support orderedand date due in the first...in the second column, "actually paid" do I still list the dates (it was supposed to be paid) and put "0.00" in the column "on order" and then leave "on accured interest" blank (he has had no other deliquencies) ..then list amounts of child support due in the "balance due" column accordinly...OR do I leave the second column "actually paid" BLANK if he hasn't paid anything? Thank you again
Either way. I would list the dates when he was SUPPOSED to be paying and put zero in the space, just to drive the point home. :)