How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife has lost all interest in sex and seems to be indifferent to my strong feeling

Customer Question

My wife has lost all interest in sex and seems to be indifferent to my strong feelings for her. When we entered this marriage, she claimed to be a much different person with interests similar to mine. We've been married for 10 years and have 2 children, and in that time she has retreated both emotionally and physically. When I've asked her what's changed, she says "I lied because I wanted you to like me..." There is no doubt that she still loves me and she is not having an affair. However, after the past 8 years (she got cold after the first 2) I feel I'm suffering emotionally and my quality of life is being adversely affected. Are irreconcilable sexual differences grounds for divorce when one party feels abandoned emotionally?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. While I am not your lawyer and do not represent you, I will endeavor to provide you with legal information through this open and nonconfidential forum.

An irretrievable breakdown of the marriage is sufficient grounds for divorce. The retrievable break down may be related to irreconcilable sexual differences when one party feels emotionally abandoned. It is not necessary to prove fault.