LADY LAWYER
LADY LAWYER, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Family Law Attorney
7887522

I have filed papers on my ex for being in contempt of court

I have filed papers on my ex for being in contempt of court and he has on me as well. I don't see where I'm in contempt, can someone help me figure this matter out?
Thanks for choosing Justanswer.com! I look forward to helping you today. Why is he claiming that you are in contempt?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
He claims that I failed to supervise my daughter with her brother and allowed which allowed my son to sexually abuse her, but I have the letter stating that my son was found innocent by a proponderance of the evidence.
Preponderance of whose evidence? Did the issue of the abuse go to court?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It was investigated and the detective found through the investigation that the allegations were false.
Okay, thank you. Anyone can file a contempt motion for anything, it doesn't mean that the judge is going to agree with them. First of all, you wouldn't be in "contempt of court" for not supervising your children properly. It is not a contempt issue. And secondly, even if the judge entertains what your husband has to say (for his own curiosity), once you show the judge the detective's report, he will deny your ex's motion. Please just let me know if you have any more questions. If not, please don't forget to click on the green accept button in the answer box so that I can receive credit for helping you. It is the only way I can receive compensation for my time and it will charge you nothing further to press accept. Thanks so much.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have filed contempt on him for 1. taking an emergency vacation on the weekend i was supposed to get visitation. 2. for denying my christmas visit. 3. leaving threatening messages. 4. not giving me a number where i could reach my daugther when she was away from his home for the week, and some more what do you think will happen with this?
If this is the first time you have filed for contempt, I think that the judge will give him a stern warning. If you have filed one or more times and the judge has granted those motions, your ex could face fines or jail time.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

This is the first time i've filed contempt because i was a fool and agreed out of court a lot, but i'm not this time. He has done too much for me to not take this to the judge. On top of wht i've told you he grabbed her out of my hands in front of the movie theatre and started yelling at me and threatening me that he would keep her from me if i kept it up. He has made excuses like a birthday party to break her visits with me, he was supposed to allow her to stay the weekends and he never has.

Well that is definitely reason to file for contempt. The judges have broad discretion though on what to do as a "punishment." This can range from a warning, to fines or even jail. Because there is so much going on here, there may be a fine involved, but generally, the first time a parent is found in contempt, the judge will just give the person a warning. Hopefully, your ex will start to wise up after a talking-to from the judge. Please just let me know if you have any more questions. If not, please don't forget to click on the green accept button in the answer box so that I can receive credit for helping you. It is the only way I can receive compensation for my time and it will charge you nothing further to press accept. Thanks so much.