RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.

My wife and I are seperated. She is a terrible excuse for

My wife and I are seperated. She is a terrible excuse for a mother, and I fear for my children's wellbeing if they continue staying with her, but it's difficult for a father to win custody over a mother. There are several issues that I can bring up to support my case, but I was wondering about this one in particular. Our 8 year old son, and 4 year old daughter not only share a room with their mother, but they all share a bed as well. Is this legal???
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 5 years ago.

Good evening, thank you for your question.

There is actually no law against a "family bed", or parents sharing the same bed with their parents. Ultimately, it will come down to if it is having a negative effect on your children. Your children are younger, so they may not be concerned with sharing a bed. However, if they have asked for their own bedroom, or their behavior has been negatively affected since this began, that should be brought up in court. Obviously, it cannot continue for too much longer, with your son being eight. I would imagine in another couple of years, at most, he will be be asking to have his own space if he isn't already.

Please let me know if I have not fully addressed your concerns.

JUST ANSWER IS A "PAY FOR SERVICE". Please click on the ACCEPT BUTTON for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. No payment for my time and effort is made until you click accept (even if you put down a deposit or have a subscription). A BONUS TIP is also appreciated. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

DISCLAIMER: This response is limited by the information that you have provided to this lawyer. Based on the information you have provided, I have responded based on my knowledge and interpretation of existing laws. It is possible that if the same question was asked to another lawyer, the response could be different. This response is for "Legal Informational" purposes only and should not be confused with "Legal Advice" and nothing in this response should be construed as legal advice for any individual case. Under no circumstances does this response directly or indirectly, establish or intend to establish an Attorney-Client relationship. This response is not and shall not be construed as a solicitation for the legal services of any attorney. If you have already retained a lawyer in connection with this inquiry and this fact is unknown to this lawyer, this response should not be construed as impending and/or interfering with your attorney-client relationship with such attorney.

This information is limited in scope and is confined to the question asked and should not be relied upon to provide a comprehensive picture of any particular situation and you are strongly encouraged to seek counsel for further course of action, if applicable. In other words, this response is not intended nor shall it be construed as providing you with all the information that your legal questions/issues may require. If you do require legal advice and retention/hiring of an attorney, I encourage you to consult an attorney who is actively engaged in the practice of law in the area of law relevant to your legal questions/issues and who is admitted to the bar or lawyer licensing agency in your jurisdiction(s) or the jurisdiction(s) that has jurisdiction over your legal questions/issues. This attorney is not responsible for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage related to your use of this response, whether from errors or omissions in the content of the response or any other sites that I may provide to you for reference.