How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JD 1992 Your Own Question
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33253
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JD 1992 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife has filed divorce,she asking that i agree for joint

Resolved Question:

My wife has filed divorce,she asking that i agree for joint custody,yet she wants to be the primary residence for our son,but he will stay with me.I dont have the money to hire an attorney since she left me in our apartment that i cant afford alone and still be leagaly required to pay child support. I have asked her to make me the primary residence if I will be keeping them I say them because she has another son that i have been father to since birth.I dont know if that gives me any legal right to him he is now nine. I do keep him as well.What can I do to be manageing coservator of the son that is my biological and legal responsibility. Is there any legal assistance for someone in my position?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 6 years ago.
There are legal aid offices in Texas for every area. Just run a google search for you city and the term "legal aid" or your county and the same term. If you allow her to be designated as the primary residence then she can take him back any time she wants to plus you will likely have to pay her child support.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.

JD 1992 and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you