Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
1723468

How do you terminate a domestic partnership in Denton County?

How do you terminate a domestic partnership in Denton County? This partnership is between one man and one woman living together, but is now ending their relationship.
The domestic partnership was filed in Denton County.
Typically what you file in an affidavit terminating the domestic partnership. Your partnership agreement probably includes language on how that relationship will end. If it does not, you need to create an affidavit terminating the relationship. You can see a sample affidavit in the following link by scrolling to the last page in the link here. You would need to file it where the original record is held.

_______________________________________________

Please Note: JustAnswer.com is a public forum. JustAnswer.com is not a law firm. JustAnswer.com is only a question and answer site. Asking a question does not create an attorney-client relationship nor is your question protected under the attorney-client privilege. An attorney-client relationship is established when you enter into written contract for representation and pay a retainer directly with the attorney or attorney’s firm.

JustAnswer.com uses the term “Expert”. I do not hold myself as an expert when I answer your questions. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given.

My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The sample you showed me for affidavit terminating the relationship shows examples as if they were employees, maybe business partners. Would that be the same affidavit we would use in our case (two people living together)
The language for termination is similar. All you need to do is make a declaration that you and your partner are terminating the domestic partnership agreement that was created on so and so date, acknowledging that you will no longer be considered a domestic partnership. Both sign before notary.