Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.

I am a divorced mother and my youngest child who is 21 years

Customer Question

I am a divorced mother and my youngest child who is 21 years old has been living with her father for the past 2 years. He took me back to cout for child support and won. She failed out of college her first semester of college 2 years ago and then he convinced her not to go back and attend community college and live with him. She always starts out with a full time schedule but then does not do well and drops courses and ends up with less then full credits. His standard of living has increased, buying new car boat, vacations.
She works and except for the roof over her head, she pays for everything. Is there any chance of me getting the support to end since she can likey be in college until 25...or can I give the money directly to her, so she can benefit instead of him?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.

Samuel-II :

Samuel-II :

You can certainly file to Vacate the child support using all of your facts as a basis. If it is denied, you can then request that you be allowed to give the money to your daughter directly. I am guessing the current Order says it is payable until she graduates from College? If that is the case, then you need to argue that it should be vacated because she may never graduate at the rate she is going.

Samuel-II :

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and good luck