FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

I received an email from my ex husband that he is planning

I received an email from my ex husband that he is planning on moving his girlfriend of 3 months, into his home. My ex has joint custody with our son. He has introduced 3 girlfriends to my son, over the course of 9 months. In our divorce decree, it states that no person of another gender, shall stay overnight at either of our homes, bur that ends this month. Is there any recourse to having him make the decision to move someone into his home, or is this OK for him to do, by law. I worry about my sons safety. Not that I know this woman, but I think it's because that I do not know her, that concerns me the most. My son is 6 years old.

Thank you,
Wendy
It is alright for him to do this now, as the clause in the divorce decree expires at the end of this month. I certainly understand your concern but your ex husband has a right to move on with his life and form a relationship with someone else and live with them. The same thing would apply to you, if you met someone and wanted them to live with you. If you have concern about the safety of your child, you may want to ask to meet this person so you would feel more comfortable or go back to court and seek a modification of the custody agreement and ask if the Court would prevent another person from living there or stay over night for another period of time. There needs to be good cause shown