NYLAWLADY
NYLAWLADY, Lawyer
Experience:  15 YEARS PRIVATE GENERAL PRACTICE
19692210

My husbands ex-wife who is remarried is causing constant roadblocks.

Customer Question

My husband's ex-wife who is remarried is causing constant roadblocks. She sued him a week before our wedding, filed a restraining order against me not to email, call or walk on her property. She filed criminal trespassing charges on Christmas (when we previously dropped of the children the weekend before at her home). She held the children and would not release them to us on New Year's Eve, when we were schedule to have them for the weekend. It is obvious, she is losing her mind about our marriage. She is claiming I am unstable because I stick-up for my husband regarding money and driving schedules. We have both exchanged nasty words via email & text. How do we get this to stop?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  NYLAWLADY replied 5 years ago.
Your husband must take her back to court and have this behavior stopped. A court order will get her to cease and desist especially if she is not delivering the children to him when agreed to. Other than arrangements with the children, you will have difficulty stopping her other actions- since she resorted to the courts- and successfully- received a restraining order . You were very wise to contact your lawyer about the behavior regarding the children- this may be your only avenue to limit her behavior and possibly challenging her stability to have the children at all using her actions against her. Good Luck.

Is there anything else I can help you with? If I’ve helped, please press the green ACCEPT button so I may get credit for my work. Positive feedback is always appreciated. These responses are for informational purposes only and so not constitute legal advice and therefore do not create an attorney client relationship.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
She knew we were dropping off the children because they both came down with the flu. There were no police officers there, she filed the complaint the next day. She is accusing me of being unstable, she shakes in public and she looks lie SHE needs to be on medication. The children seem stressed and know their mother is upset. I almost felt bad for her, but after this move I suggest we get dual custody to my husband. We had the Christmas tree up and their presents waiting for them. What kind of mother does this? I have spoken my mind in emails, she harasses my husband about money, enough is enough. I suggested to get a mediator at this point.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Child support, the extras, driving, and prep school is a whole other subject.
Expert:  NYLAWLADY replied 5 years ago.
You are correct- try a mediator as it may be more cost effective, however, this woman doesn't sound like she will respond to anything but a court order that takes severe action against her for her actions which effect the children negatively. As sorry as you may feel for her, I would document her actions against you and the family to show her instability and present to your lawyer and then the court. Good Luck.Is there anything else I can help you with? Thank you for allowing me to help you with your question. Please press the "accept" button so I may be credited and paid for my time. Positive feedback is always appreciated .This answer is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Nor is an attorney-client relationship established. Thank you very much
Expert:  NYLAWLADY replied 5 years ago.
Is there anything else I can help you with? Thank you for allowing me to help you with your question. Please press the "accept" button so I may be credited and paid for my time. Positive feedback is always appreciated .This answer is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Nor is an attorney-client relationship established. Thank you very much