Thoreau (T-USA)
Thoreau (T-USA), Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney

How can someone divoice as fast as possible in California in

How can someone divoice as fast as possible in California in the case of his spouse doesn't like to divoice?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Thoreau (T-USA) replied 3 years ago.

Even if you placed a deposit or have a subscription

Thank you for your question!

Unfortunately, the only way for spouses to really expedite a divorce is to agree to divorce and to agree on issues pertaining to property distribution and child custody. Unless both spouses can agree on all three of those issues, a divorce can take a while. This is because both spouses have interests in those matters and the litigation process can be time consuming and costly when the spouses can't effectively work together.

Regrettably, uncontested divorce is about as painless as divorce gets. Absent spouses working together in good faith, divorce can be costly and it can take a while. Neither spouse can really change that unilaterally.

Please do not shoot the messenger.
If you need clarification, please feel free to ask using the Reply feature.

Sincerely,

_____________________________________

Disclaimer: By engaging in this correspondence, you agree to and understand the following:
No attorney-client relationship is formed through this correspondence. The following information is provided for educational purposes only and is not legal advice/legal services. Correspondence through JustAnswer is visible to the public and is not confidential.Customeris not familiar with your situation and could not possibly provide legal advice/legal services through JustAnswer. Customerdoes not claim to be licensed to practice law in your state. The information provided in this correspondence cannot and should not be relied on for legal purposes.
If you need legal advice/services you should visit a local attorney as soon as possible. You can find a local attorney using Lawyers.com, Martindale, a Local Lawyer Referral Service, or a Local Legal Clinic (if you cannot afford an attorney).

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What if the spouse doesn't want to divoice, instead, insists on finding out the reason why to divoice? Such as having the third party involved in the relationship.

I'm sorry. I received your message but I don't understand your follow-up question.

What more do you want to know?

What is your new question?

Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am sorry that I didn't speak clearly about the situation. If one spouse doesn't agree to divoice and thinks the other spouse has other relation between them, what can the spouse who initiates the divoice start the divoice process? In another word, what's the first step of legally starting the divoice? Thank you.

Thank you for clarifying!

The first step to filing for divorce is filing the petition at the Clerk of Court's Office. The petition must also be served on the other party.

I would highly recommend that you retain an attorney for the process. Your attorney will take care of all of the procedural stuff for you. However, if you choose to represent yourself, you'll want the following links. They're great resources for people who represent themselves.

California Courts Self-Help Center. Judicial Council of California. This comprehensive statewide self-help Web site provides information legal help, small claims, family law, domestic violence, traffic violations, and much more. Information is also available in different languages.

Family Court Facilitators. Judicial Council of California. Locates family law facilitator in each county. A family law facilitator is a lawyer with experience in family law who works for the superior court in your county to help parents and children involved in family law cases with child, spousal, and partner support problems.

Self-Help Center. Judicial Council of California.

Family Law Information Centers Statewide Office of Family Court Service.

Amador County Self-Help Web site
Butte County Self-Help Web site
Calaveras County Self-Help Web site
Colusa Court Self-Help Information
Contra Costa Virtual Self Help Law Center
Del Norte County Self Help Center
El Dorado County Self Represented Litigants Services
Fresno County: Representing Yourself
Glenn County Self Help Resources
Los Angeles County: Family Law Self Help
Los Angeles County: Probate Self Help
Marin County Legal Self Help Center
Mariposa County Self Help Center
Mendocino Self Help Legal Access Center
Riverside County Online Self Help Resources
San Joaquin County Self Help Resources
San Mateo Self Help Center
Santa Clara County Self Service Center
Santa Cruz County Self Help Center
Sierra County Courts Self Help Links
Siskiyou County Self Help Links
Sonoma County Self Help Access Center
Ventura County Legal Self Help

Please do not shoot the messenger.

Sincerely,

_____________________________________

No attorney-client relationship is formed through this correspondence. Information provided here is for educational purposes only and is not legal advice/legal services. Correspondence through JustAnswer is visible to the public and is not confidential.Customeris not familiar with your situation and could not possibly provide legal advice/legal services through JustAnswer. Customerdoes not claim to be licensed to practice law in your state. The information provided in this correspondence cannot and should not be relied on for legal purposes.

Thoreau (T-USA), Lawyer
Experience: Attorney
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

DearCustomer

Thanks for your great help!

-JS

I'm pleased that I could provide some valuable information! Thank you for clicking accept and have a great weekend!