lwpat
lwpat, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
15417118

my divorce agreement say that I will give my ex-husband one

my divorce agreement say that I will give my ex-husband one of our properties. It has been a year and he still has not made any attempt to transfer the loan into jsut his name. I am trying to buy a new house but have "his property" on my credit still since my name is XXXXX XXXXX loan and deed. What can I do to get out of being finalcially responsible for "his condo"? Can I sale it?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.
If he cannot qualify for a loan, then he cannot comply with the court order and the judge will probably not hold him in contempt. You can file in court for a modification of the final decree to have the property put up for sale or even ask that it be sold at public auction so that your name will be removed from the loan. If you file he will probably work out a way to get your name off.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can I do all of this in Utah? This is where I now live.
Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.
Yes, you can file to have your decree modified in Utah. You would file it as a rule to show cause. The attorney that represented you in the divorce can handle it for you.