Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My wife is a LNA and was punched in her stomach and her bottom

Customer Question

My wife is a LNA and was punched in her stomach and her bottom ribs were broken. My wife will now be out of work for a couple months and in bad pain. Is this something that the lady that hit my wife is responsible for? And is this something that will stand in court and my wife receive compensation for?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. I encourage you to ask me for clarification, if you are not clear with my Answer.

Could you explain a little more?

Why was your wife assaulted?

Who assaulted your wife?

Did this happen at work?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

My wife does in home health care, and they got a new client. My wife was told by her work to ask the client if her husband could help because she is to heavy for just my wife to lift. When my wife asked the client she responded with "Don't you ever fricken ask my husband again!" then punched her in the stomach. Then later when my wife said sorry she was told that if she said sorry again she would be slapped across the face. Later when she said sory the client with full force swung for her fae and my wife had to dodge it.

My wife filed an incident report with her work and then the next day had to go to ER.

Thank you for the additional information.

Your Question: My wife is a LNA and was punched in her stomach and her bottom ribs were broken. My wife will now be out of work for a couple months and in bad pain. Is this something that the lady that hit my wife is responsible for?

Response 1: Yes. Also, since this happened during work, her employer should also be held responsible.

And is this something that will stand in court and my wife receive compensation for?

Response 2: Yes. Your wife should be compensated for her pain and suffering and for the income that she has lost as a result of the assault. She should get a personal injury lawyer to assist her in dealing with her employer and the new client to ensure that her rights are protected. She can find personal injury lawyers at the following sites:

http://www.justia.com

http://www.lawyers.com

http://www.avvo.com