Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

I am one of five siblings whos parents passed away. I keep

I am one of five siblings whos parents passed away. I keep getting letters from my fathers attorney that states he is extending time for correcting deficiencies. What does this mean? My brother is the trustee and does not keep us informed as to what is happening in the estate.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. While I am permitted to provide you with legal information, I am prohibited by JustAnswer.com and various state bar associations from giving legal advice, representing you or entering into an attorney-client relationship through this open and nonconfidential forum.

"Correcting deficiencies" is a very vague statement. Based upon that statement is impossible to tell what has occurred or is occurring. As the beneficiary you have the right to demand that accounting. Consider writing the attorney letter and request that you be furnished with an accounting within 20 days of the date of the letter

If you would like additional details concerning my answer, please click REPLY and I will be happy to respond. Otherwise please click ACCEPT so that I am paid by the site. Do not click relist as it will delay my response.

Best wishes for a Happy and Healthy New Year!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
SECOND ORDER EXTENDING TIME FOR CORRECTING DEFICIECIES is the heading on the letter. There is still one house that needs to be sold and I have no idea what is left in my fathers account due to no communication. Thank you
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.
I standby my answer.Consider writing the attorney letter demanding that you be furnished with an accounting within 20 days of the date of the letter