FiveStarLaw
FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

OK, husband and wife have joint legal custody of children.

OK, husband and wife have joint legal custody of children. Mother goes and spends top dollar on orthodontics without fathers permission will he still be responsible for his percent when it could have been done a lot cheaper? Also mother signs fathers name as responsible party even when father is not present. Isn't that illegal to sign someone else's name as responsible party?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. While I am permitted to provide you with legal information, I am prohibited by JustAnswer.com and various state bar associations from giving legal advice, representing you or entering into an attorney-client relationship through this open and nonconfidential forum.

Mother goes and spends top dollar on orthodontics without fathers permission will he still be responsible for his percent when it could have been done a lot cheaper?

The court order is required to be followed until and unless it is modified by the court. Therefore the father will be required to pay his percent unless the court orders otherwise. The father can consider filing for modification and court review of the specific charge for reasonableness

Also mother signs fathers name as responsible party even when father is not present. Isn't that illegal to sign someone else's name as responsible party?

The mother cannot legally sign the father's name as responsible party without a court order or permission to do so.

If you would like additional details concerning my answer, please click REPLY and I will be happy to respond. Otherwise please click ACCEPT so that I am paid by the site. Do not click relist as it will delay my response.

Best wishes for a Happy and Healthy New Year!
FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience: 25 years of experience helping people like you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can you give me the Michigan law code number for sighning someones name without permision
FiveStarLaw, Lawyer