Joseph, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have over a decade of experience as a Family Law litigator

So what can i do to get DCFS on the ball

Unfortunately, as you appear to be discovering already, DCFS is not an easy entity to deal with. They have way too many cases and, as a result, their employees are typically overworked and underpaid. There are, however, a few things you can try.

There should be a caseworker assigned to your case, call her. Make sure she knows that you are out there, that you want to move forward, and that you will do whatever is necessary to ensure that the matter progresses smoothly. If you get no satisfaction from her, don't be afraid to call her supervisor.

Likewise, you should make sure you are available for them as well. If the caseworker, or anyone at DCFS, needs something from you, be sure you are reasonable in accommodating their requests.

Also, next time you go to court, make sure you tell the judge what is going on. Judges want nothing better than to resolve cases and get them off of their docket. So, if there's something the judge can do to close out the case, he will.

I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on the green ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click ACCEPT. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck!

Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.