How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31570
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just recently had a disagreement with my daughter and I know

Customer Question

I just recently had a disagreement with my daughter and I know she does what her husband wants, I'm afraid he will forbid I see my grandchildren. I say this because he has threatened this before when we had a verbal disagreement. Also, I can't get my daughter to answer my calls to her cell phone, I've left messages to no avail. I'd hate not to be able to see my grandchildren.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

Courts allow parents to decide who their child/children visit and have relationships with. Thus, legally, the parents can decide whether or not to allow you visitation with your grandchild.


Unfortunately, there are no legal rights for grandparents to force the parents of their children to make the grandchildren available for visitation.

Related Family Law Questions