How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27009
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If Im currently working in Afghanistan as a linguist for the

Resolved Question:

If I'm currently working in Afghanistan as a linguist for the Army, working on 1 year contract, what happens when I file for divorce when its involving my 2 year old son and 5 yeare old son regarding child custody, since my soon to be ex husband will be taking care of the children but he also works full time, wille be able to get spilt custody or joint custody only? And when it is Joint custody does that mean my ex will be the primary care taker where I only get visition rights?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.



There is joint legal and joint physical. If you have joint legal that means you are directly involved in the decision making processes for the children and he has physical custody and you have visitations. So it depends on what type of custody you are seeking


If you are out of the country, of course, it will be difficult for you to have shared custody. That involves the children being with each parent a certain amount of days each week


If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and good luck

Samuel II and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions