Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

if my husbands income is about 20,000 per month, how much

if my husband's income is about 20,000 per month, how much he may have to pay if we get divorce?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
What state, what are the circumstances? Any children? How long was the marriage? Do you have any income?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
PA, we have 1 son, 1.5year marriage, I have no job, no income.
With such a short marriage, I am afraid as far as spousal support you would not be getting much if any. Spousal support is based not just on needs of the spouse and his ability to pay, but the length of the marriage as well and marriages under 5 years get very little spousal support awarded if any. He is going to have to pay child support for sure, and the amount of support would be based on the state statute at about $2127 per month (see: http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/231/chapter1910/s1910.16-3.html). Also, you would split all assets that have been acquired in the last year and a half approximately equally (the law says "equitable distribution" but they begin with the premise that they will try to split it close to equally depending on each situation).

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.