Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  13 years experience, divorce & custody issues, protective orders, child abuse issues
20355756

ive been denied to have a relationship with my grandson for

Customer Question

ive been denied to have a relationship with my grandson for 2 1/2 years now, hes 4 1/2 now. But my x husband and wife is able to have him anytime they want, its been driving me crazy for all this time, you see my x husbands wife actually was the instigator with trying to drive me away because she was jealous of me. i don't have much money and i dont know what to do to be able to have those right just like the other grandparents, my grandsons mother is doing it out of spite and shes become friends with my x hubbys wife. my son only has supervised visitation everyother week for 5 hours. he was supposed to go to anger management but just hasn't so im here not being able to see my grandson, i have periodactly for the last 2 1/2 years but i never had him for my own without supervision. Nancy
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 3 years ago.

Hello. If you can show that you had some kind of a relationship with your grandson prior to all of this upset and your son supports your application, you can apply to the family court for grandparent's visitation rights and if the court finds that it is in the best interests of the child, you can be granted some limited visitation rights with him. You can speak with someone at the family court clerk's office to see if there is a free or low cost lawyer or legal aid clinic near to you that can help you out with this application, otherwise if you cannot afford an attorney, you will have to fill out the paperwork and ask for a hearing on the matter yourself (you should go to the family court that is overseeing your son's visitation with your grandson because they have jurisdiction over the case).

GOOD LUCK

Please press the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON so I will be paid for my time.

THANK YOU

Legalease, Lawyer
Experience: 13 years experience, divorce & custody issues, protective orders, child abuse issues
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ive also had the mom and step grandmother say bad things about me, in order for me not to be around him, of course they were false, i have been through so much you have no idea how much, i know this new year eve, i will get back to you tomorrow, thanks XXXXX XXXXX