Law Girl
Law Girl, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have a law practice that is largely dedicated to family law matters.
635143

How much does it approx. cost to file for al legal separat

How much does it approx. cost to file for al legal separation????

Law Girl :

Thank you for your question. Although I am an attorney, I cannot represent you. However, I will give you the most thorough information I am able. What state are you considering filing in?

JACUSTOMER-5mv9vu97- :

Arizona

Law Girl :

Under Arizona statute 25-311.01A,C, the court fees for a Petition for legal separation are $321.00.

Law Girl :

Sorry that did not come out right. The court fees for legal separation are authorized under Arizona Code A.R.S. § 25-311.01 (A) and Arizona Code A.R.S. § 25-311.01 (C).

JACUSTOMER-5mv9vu97- :

Thank you,last question...I will be living in Arkansas with my parents until I can get agreement from husband on child support amount. Then I will be moving back to AZ. Does it matter which state I Petition from?

Law Girl :

The difference is the residency requirement. If you file in Arizona, then either you or your spouse must reside in Arizona. If you file in Arkansas, you may not file until you have resided in Arkansas for 60 days prior to filing. Ultimately, it makes sense to file in the court that is local to you. That way if a court appearance is necessary, you are local. However, if you are trying to file immediately, your hands may be tied by the residency requirement if you have not lived in Arkansas long enough to file there.