Law Girl
Law Girl, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have a law practice that is largely dedicated to family law matters.

1. Is their a statue of limitation on Child Support in the

1. Is their a statue of limitation on Child Support in the State of Ohio if no payment has been made by the State or the Father to the Mother of the Child? Does the debt ever go away?
2. Is their a Pro-Bono/Free Attorney in Ohio - Columbus area or surrounding area that can be contacted?

Law Girl :

Thank you for your question. Although I am an attorney, I cannot represent you. However, I will give you the most thorough information I am able.

Law Girl :

There is no statute of limitations on Child Support. Once support accrues, it does not go away until it is paid. (Absent extenuating circumstances. For example, there are situations wherein the other parent can agree to wipe out child support arrears and/or child (once they have matured), but generally the amounts continue to accrue interest until they are aid.

Law Girl :

Sorry, not aid, paid.

Law Girl :

In order to find an attorney who would be willing to get involve pro bono, you may consider contacting your local legal aid office and/or your local state bar office. Either office may have a list of attorneys who are willing to undertake pro bono child support cases and may be able to make the requisite introduction.