Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

you just answered my question thank you. my lawyer says it

you just answered my question thank you. my lawyer says it could be spring before we have a court date. by then i will be bankrupt and have lost my home. what are my alternative routes? none? I just sit and wait for this to happen? there must be something I can do.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for requesting me.Can you please tell me what the contempt is for - support/alimony?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
he has refused to pay support and alimony since it was initiated in Sept of 09. I finally decided to quit listening to his excuses and get a lawyer i met with the lawyer on Oct 9th of this year. He says the docket is so backed up there is no hope. just what I want to hear. I had no idea. Now I am in real trouble. I shter nothing I can do?
Expert:  Ely replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for this information. Unfortunately, I am afraid not. You cannot 'speed up' the docket, I am afraid. If anything, ASK THE ATTORNEY TO CALL THE COURT'S COORDINATOR and see if as a favor, they can move your hearing up due to these mitigating circumstances. I am afraid this would be the only way.I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work; I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

If you still need to clarify something or seek more information, just use the INFO button and I’d be more than happy to follow up to your satisfaction! There is no fee for follow up questions after an accept should you wish to continue in this thread and I encourage you to do so should you need clarification!

While the legal system tries to be inclusive of every possibility, sometimes, people are ethically wronged but have limited legal avenues seek relief. If so, please understand that this is not the expert’s fault, but the way of circumstance.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus is always appreciated!

You can always request me for a future consultation through my profile at If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”