Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

No one answered my previous question.....and I would like to

No one answered my previous question.....and I would like to know if this process of filing a motion for contempt should 2 months and longer? NO action has been taken yet. I have made NO progress.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for the opportunity to assist you. Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

I have reviewed your previous questions and would like to render an answer. Generally speaking, it does not take two months to bring a Motion for Contempt to court. Once you file, it depends on each court and its docket, but generally speaking, you should get a date for hearing within 2-3 weeks after filing. Of course, you will also have to remember to serve the other party via certified mail, constable, or private processor.I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work; I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

If you still need to clarify something or seek more information, just use the INFO button and I’d be more than happy to follow up to your satisfaction! There is no fee for follow up questions after an accept should you wish to continue in this thread and I encourage you to do so should you need clarification!

While the legal system tries to be inclusive of every possibility, sometimes, people are ethically wronged but have limited legal avenues seek relief. If so, please understand that this is not the expert’s fault, but the way of circumstance.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus is always appreciated!

You can always request me for a future consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”