Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, 17 years legal experience including family law
4460311

MY DAUGHTER IS TURNING 21 YRS OLD 1/2011 SHE LIVES WITH MY

MY DAUGHTER IS TURNING 21 YRS OLD 1/2011 SHE LIVES WITH MY EXWIFE, SHE WORKS PART TIME AND I PAY FOR HER COLLAGE CLASSES. I STILL PAY WEEKLY CHILD SUPPORT. CAN I JUST STOP PAYING WHEN SHE TURNS 21
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Tina replied 6 years ago.

I am an attorney and will strive to provide you with legal information to assist you but cannot give you legal advice, represent you, or enter into an attorney-client relationship through this open forum. Do you accept these provisions as well as Justanswer.com's disclaimer?

Please respond with a Yes or No to continue. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
YES
Expert:  Tina replied 6 years ago.
Thank you.

Yes. Child support terminates at the age of 21 in NY typically unless the order of support provides otherwise. So you may stop making payments at that time under NY law.

Best regards XXXXX XXXXX season,

___________________________________________________________________________________

Please press the ACCEPT button so I may be credited and paid for my time by Justanswer.com. Positive feedback and a BONUS are always appreciated.

NOTE: The law sometimes does not provide the answer we hoped it would. Please consider that I devote time to providing answers whether it benefits you or not and hope you don’t choose to shoot the messenger.

As always, I am available to clarify the answers for you. Thank you and the best of luck.
Expert:  Tina replied 6 years ago.
Here is a link with additional information on NY law:

http://www.brandeslaw.com/Agreements/062398c3.htm