SoloLawyer
SoloLawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Missisippi Attorney; Criminal Law, Family Law, Personal Injury, and Civil Defense
18210975

This is about my son who lives in Oregon. He was living together

This is about my son who lives in Oregon. He was living together with this lady (Mindy) for 7 years. She already had a child when they got together, her name is XXXXX XXXXX they had two other children, Jonathan and Michael. Well, Mindy got into drugs, I'm not sure when but I guess it had been a while. My son tried to get her to stop but she kept going back to it. Well, she left with her daughter Bailey and moved in with the man who had been supplying her with the drugs. About 2 to 3 months later my son Chris found out that Bailey had been living with a friend the whole time. My son brought Bailey home with him, she was only a few months old when they got together and Chris was the only father she knew. He has the 3 children, 8, 6, and 2. He works at a cafe as a cook. His dad who lives up by where he lives watches the children. My son barely makes enough to cover his bills. His dad has now come into financial problems. He wants to help his son by watching the kids, but he has bills to pay or he could end up losing his house. Can the dad or grandpa get financial help from the state or government on this? My son also has another son who is almost 16, who he makes child support to every month. Please help. Thank you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  SoloLawyer replied 3 years ago.

SoloLawyer :

Hello - Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your family law problem today.

SoloLawyer :

Can dad or grandad get help for what?

Customer : I heard a few years ago from this lady that she was quiting her job and was going to take care of her grandchild and the state was going to pay her. Is there any financial help they can get?
SoloLawyer :

Legally, I don't have an Answer for you. I don't know of any way these people can get help for keeping the child. There may be a way they can apply with the State to be foster parents.

SoloLawyer :

I have to leave my office. If you reply, I will attempt to follow up after lunch.

Customer : Where would they go to apply for help if they were to do that?
Customer : Would there be any chance that Bailey would be removed from the house, because Chris is not her real father? He has been taking care of her sense she was about 6 mouths old. Do you know anything about a grandparent being a foster parent ?
SoloLawyer :

I have no idea about foster parenting. I would suggest speaking with the clerk of the family court there or possibly DHS.

SoloLawyer, Lawyer
Experience: Licensed Missisippi Attorney; Criminal Law, Family Law, Personal Injury, and Civil Defense