How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael J, Esq. Your Own Question
Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3455
Experience:  Licensed Attorney - represented hundreds of clients in criminal cases, family law disputes, traffic issues, and general legal issues. Youth Court Prosecutor.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Michael J, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This is about my son who lives in Oregon. He was living together

Resolved Question:

This is about my son who lives in Oregon. He was living together with this lady (Mindy) for 7 years. She already had a child when they got together, her name is XXXXX XXXXX they had two other children, Jonathan and Michael. Well, Mindy got into drugs, I'm not sure when but I guess it had been a while. My son tried to get her to stop but she kept going back to it. Well, she left with her daughter Bailey and moved in with the man who had been supplying her with the drugs. About 2 to 3 months later my son Chris found out that Bailey had been living with a friend the whole time. My son brought Bailey home with him, she was only a few months old when they got together and Chris was the only father she knew. He has the 3 children, 8, 6, and 2. He works at a cafe as a cook. His dad who lives up by where he lives watches the children. My son barely makes enough to cover his bills. His dad has now come into financial problems. He wants to help his son by watching the kids, but he has bills to pay or he could end up losing his house. Can the dad or grandpa get financial help from the state or government on this? My son also has another son who is almost 16, who he makes child support to every month. Please help. Thank you.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 6 years ago.

SoloLawyer :

Hello - Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your family law problem today.

SoloLawyer :

Can dad or grandad get help for what?

JACUSTOMER-ngfc001x- : I heard a few years ago from this lady that she was quiting her job and was going to take care of her grandchild and the state was going to pay her. Is there any financial help they can get?
SoloLawyer :

Legally, I don't have an Answer for you. I don't know of any way these people can get help for keeping the child. There may be a way they can apply with the State to be foster parents.

SoloLawyer :

I have to leave my office. If you reply, I will attempt to follow up after lunch.

JACUSTOMER-ngfc001x- : Where would they go to apply for help if they were to do that?
JACUSTOMER-ngfc001x- : Would there be any chance that Bailey would be removed from the house, because Chris is not her real father? He has been taking care of her sense she was about 6 mouths old. Do you know anything about a grandparent being a foster parent ?
SoloLawyer :

I have no idea about foster parenting. I would suggest speaking with the clerk of the family court there or possibly DHS.

Michael J, Esq. and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions