Law Pro, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years practicing family law from divorce, custody, support, alimony to equitable distribution
11688690

Is $250.00 a month plus medical care, afterschool programs,

Is $250.00 a month plus medical care, afterschool programs, and uniforms for school, and not being able to file child on your tax forms, and child mother will not consent to legal DNA test
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Pro replied 3 years ago.
Ok you have a few questions there.

Are you asking that DNA testing be done to prove or disprove the child is yours? If so, how old is the child and when was the child support ordered?

Are you requesting that you be able to take the child as a dependant tax credit on your income taxes?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Child support was never set up through the courts. I just want to be sure this is my child, because the mother was very loose with lots of maen, and does not want to set up through court. She told me on yesterday that In was trying to get out of paying child support , If We took a legal DNA test. I do not want to continue to pay for a child that I am not sure is mine.

Expert:  Law Pro replied 3 years ago.
So there is NO court order that you pay child support - correct? Your just paying volutarily - correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes- But I do have receipts where I have been payingchild support all a lone. I was trying to do the right thing. I f the child is mine, I want things to be set up fair.
Expert:  Law Pro replied 3 years ago.
Then you can absolutely stop paying the child support. Then if she files for such - ask the court for a paternity/DNA test.

Then you will absolutely know if your the father. Given the circumstances you described - your entitled to know.

As to taking the tax credit - because the child lives with her primarily - she gets the credit. However, she can consent to your taking the tax credit if she fills out the form and you file it with the IRS.

Please click on the ACCEPT button for my answer so that I receive credit for assisting you (even if you placed a deposit or have a subscription program). You may continue to ask follow-up questions after accepting. If the information is helpful, I would very much appreciate positive feedback. Bonuses are also appreciated. If you do have a follow-up question, press REPLY, NOT relist, or else I won’t receive the question.
Law Pro, Lawyer
Experience: 20 years practicing family law from divorce, custody, support, alimony to equitable distribution