RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

Im involved in a divorce proceeding. If I have an Attorney

I'm involved in a divorce proceeding. If I have an Attorney and my husband has an attorney, can we meet and sign the Stipulation of Agreement on our own. Without the lawyers present. We have agreed on all issues and it seems that all the red tape of the attorneys are holding us up
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your question.You can sign it here.But I would certainly try to get our lawyer to finish here and wrap it up.Remember they work for you.You can terminate them if you have to and finish themselves.I can understand that you want this resolved and one way or another here you can do so.And never forget that your lawyer might have some valid reasons here to hold it up.Talk to him I mean he works for you and you deserve to get answers and have this finished.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
He wasn't clear on answering the question
You can sign.The court will not hear and finalize this matter as long as you have counsel of record.You can fire them and finish this pro se.But judge won't finalize without a hearing here with your lawyer and you present or fire them and do this pro se.The court has to involve the lawyers here if they are counsel of record and haven't withdrawn.