LADY LAWYER, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Family Law Attorney

I am in FLORIDA , I am seperated from my wife.We are getting

I am in FLORIDA , I am seperated from my wife.We are getting divorced.I have two cars financed in my name alone.If one of the cars go back.Can she grab my truck as a marital asset?..She is threating that she can FORD Credit said it their prpoerty I am responsible it being in my name,financed in my name and she doesnt have rights at all. Can she come grab my truck?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LADY LAWYER replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for choosing! I look forward to helping you today. She cannot come get your truck if it is titled in your name. No repo company will work with her if the truck is not in her name. If she has a key, you may want to change the locks. But she is not entitled to come take your truck. Now, that does not mean that the judge will not consider it part of the marital estate, but until the court does so, you are not obligated to give it to her and she is not authorized to come get it. Please just let me know if you have any more questions. If not, please don't forget to click on the green accept button in the answer box so that I can receive credit for helping you. It is the only way I can receive compensation for my time and it will charge you nothing further to press accept. Thanks so much.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
mam, whats the chances of it being considered a marital asset since ive taken all the debt, and thevehicle is in my name?

If you have taken all the debt, then it is highly unlikely the judge would award her this vehicle.