FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  7 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

currently pay child support and all medical insurance.my daughter

currently pay child support and all medical insurance.my daughter is 16 and pregnant by a 21 year old,no job or means to support themselves,in the state of florida.who is held to account for the expense of this child to be born,i pay support would this man also be held to same standard?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 3 years ago.
Yes this man would be responsible for child support as he fathered the child. Moreover, he could be charged with statutory rape, if criminal charges wish to pressed against him.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok? not clear to me i am not a lawer?maybe i should had said she does not want to live with mother,and stated she is entitled to support payment directly to her and i have to pay for her medical expenses untill she is 18?
Sorry for the delay. You would be responsible for child support for your 16 year old daughter. As far as expenses incurred from the pregnancy, the father should take responsibility for that. If the child support states that you need to pay for her medical expenses this would fall underneath it or else you would need to get a modification of the child support order and see where the father would fit in.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thank you .some what clear ,on medical expenses.! but is she entitled to the child support check directly to her because she wants to live where she pleases, not with her mother who is getting payment.payment is stated to her mother not to daughter?
She is a minor so she cant just live where she wants, legally. If payment is supposed to be made to the mother, then that is where the check should be sent, unless the court orders otherwise. If you and the mother agree to give the money to her directly, that is between the two of you but make sure you put something in writing, acknowledging this, in case she comes back down the road and says you never paid. Thank you for allowing me to answer your question. If you have not already, please click the ACCEPT button, so I can get credit for my answer.
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience: 7 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases