LADY LAWYER, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Family Law Attorney

when calculating child support time share are special days/holidays

Customer Question

when calculating child support time share are special days/holidays taken into effect? How we calculate time share?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LADY LAWYER replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for choosing! I look forward to helping you today.

Yes, holidays are taken into effect and many times, if the parents are trying to work out a settlement for custody outside the court, one parent will get say, Thanksgiving, and the other will get Christmas. And then the next year, the parents could switch. It is really up to the parents to decide how they want to structure the settlement agreement. Please just let me know if you have any more questions. If not, please don't forget to click on the green accept button in the answer box so that I can receive credit for helping you. It is the only way I can receive compensation for my time and it will charge you nothing further to press accept. Thanks so much.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
how does time share get calculated ? If I have thanksgiving this and he has thanksgiving the next year etc??
Well, are you trying to figure this out and agree to something between you and your spouse or are you planning to ask the court to decide for you?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Okay, then in that case, the judge will probably alternate holidays each year between the parents. Like I said before, you will get Thanksgiving one year and your ex will get it the next, etc.