FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

I get my 1 and 1/2 year old son every other weekend. My ex

I get my 1 and 1/2 year old son every other weekend. My ex got him Thanksgiving weekend, which would have been my weekend. Do I have to wait two weeks to get him or do I get him this coming weeked to make up for not getting him last weekend?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 6 years ago.

You should be able to get him this weekend, since it is every other weekend and she got him over thanksgiving. Since the visitation agreement is silent, the best idea is to try and work things out with your ex. It would seem logical that is she got your son last weekend because of the long holiday that you would be entitled to see him this weekend. If she does not agree and fights you on this, you will want to go back to Court and get the agreement modified so the next time this happens, it is clear who will get your son.