Law Girl
Law Girl, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have a law practice that is largely dedicated to family law matters.
635143

I had a relation with somebody who gave birth to a baby boy

I had a relationship with a girl in Miami who gave birth to a baby boy last May. She says I am the father but when I requested for birth certificate, she did not She has been demanding money and I used to send her money to her during the pregnancy untill delivery.
I would like to advice to take legal action to claim my money since I am not the father of the baby. thank you
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Girl replied 6 years ago.

Law Girl :

Thank you for your question. Although I am an attorney, I cannot represent you. However, I will give you the most thorough information I am able.

Law Girl :

How do you know that you are not the father? Has a paternity or DNA test been done?

Customer:

A friend of mine visited her in Miami and she introduced the baby and the baby's father to him. The mother did not tell my friend that I am the father, and that is why she failed to provide the birth certificate when I demand. Since I threatened to report to police she has not responded to my message.

Law Girl :

Depending on the amount of money you have given her, you may consider filing a civil lawsuit or small claims lawsuit against her in the county in which she resides.

Customer:

She lives in Miami and I have spent between US$10,000.00 and US$15000.00. Can you provide me with a legal assistance. I am in Haiti and the girl is HaitXXXXX XXXXXving in Miami.

Law Girl :

All I can do is answer specific legal questions through this website for you.

Law Girl :

Per the terms of the website, we are unable to provide representation.

Customer:

So how can I employ the services of a lawyer to deal with this case.

Law Girl :

You can locate a lawyer through many sources. You may consider seeking out a referral from the State Bar Association in Florida or online using www.avvo.com or www.martindale.com.

Customer:

thank you very much indeed.

Law Girl :

No problem. Best of luck to you.

Law Girl :

Please remember to hit "ACCEPT".