RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

Child support paperwork contract general question

My ex and I are currently still under negotiations with our child support paperwork for our 2 year old. Her and her lawyer have drawn up the paperwork, signed, and sent it to me and my lawyer. I have sence been adhering to the payment stated in the paperwork and would like to know if by her accepting the payments is she bound to adhere to the terms of the paperowrk as well in regards XXXXX XXXXX times/dates. I am only asking because she has threatened to not let me see her for a second Christmas in a row despite being set as my year to have her.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your question.Only when this is signed by you and the judge is it enforceable.Once completed then you can file for contempt if you are denied visitation. Try to come to final signed agreement here for judge ot sign and enter here in Texas.I hope it all works out here .

You have rights to file motion for contempt in any situation where the court has signed and entered an order which sets out visitation and custody here.The court can then sanction including jail and fines.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

So neither of us are bound to this agreement until a judge signs it? I was told if I didnt comply with the payments I would be held responsible for all pay from the date on the paperwork until the judge signed. . . Also, not until it is finalized can I file motion for contempt?

Many thanks for you earlier speedy reply

Thank you for the chat here and good luck