Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years experience as practicing attorney

Ive been watching my husband cheat with a 20 year old for

I've been watching my husband cheat with a 20 year old for sometime now and I am ready for a divorce. This is the second time I caught him with her. I have cleaned out some personal files of my own and have been documenting when he meets her. I even have pictures. What do I need to do because I have never done this before

Dear JACUSTOMER - All you need to do is file for your divorce. You obviously have enough evidence of the cheating so your really don't have to do anything but file your divorce complaint. Since CA is a community property state the assets and liabilities will be split and if there are any children the child custody will be based on the best interests of the child and child support based on the child support guidelines.

Most issues in a divorce are not based on whether you can prove grounds but are related to issues of finances and/or children.

Dave Kennett

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do I need to retain an attorney??

I always recommend having an attorney in a divorce, especially if you have significant finances to protect or have minor children. You are permitted to represent yourself if you choose to do so.

Thanks for using our service.