Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, 17 years legal experience including family law

I would like to know if there are any advantages or drawbacks

I would like to know if there are any advantages or drawbacks when divorcing in Arizona vs
In California as concerning financial division
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Tina replied 5 years ago.

I am an attorney and will strive to provide you with legal information to assist you but cannot give you legal advice, represent you, or enter into an attorney-client relationship through this open forum. Do you accept these provisions as well as's disclaimer?

Please respond with a Yes or No to continue. Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Expert:  Tina replied 5 years ago.
Thank you.

This is a very broad question and not easily answered since the law relating to the subject fills volumes of books.

What is important to note though concerning the division of marital assets is that both CA and AZ are community property states.

However, AZ does provide for various grounds for divorce in addition to the no-fault divorce that CA recognizes. If the divorce is filed based on fault in AZ, then the presumption of a 50/50 split could be modified by the court. In CA, it is typically an automatic 50/50 division.

Here are the AZ grounds for divorce:

Best regards,

Please press the ACCEPT button so I may be credited and paid for my time by Positive feedback and a BONUS are always appreciated.

NOTE: The law sometimes does not provide the answer we hoped it would. Please consider that I devote time to providing answers whether it benefits you or not and hope you don’t choose to shoot the messenger.

As always, I am available to clarify the answers for you. Thank you and the best of luck.