Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

My fiance and I are separating. We have lived together off

My fiance and I are separating. We have lived together off and on for 7 years in California and for the last two and a half years in St. Louis. During the "off" times he was suppporting me about 95 percent. Sometimes when we were not living together, I would be living at his place.

I have been primary caregiver to him (he has Parkinson's) and at the present time I have medical power of attorney as well as major beneficiary of his wiil.

Am I entitled to any support?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.

Hi

It is possible that you could sue for palimony since you have been living together for 7 years. It will depend on your ability to get a job and what you are capable of earning, as well as his ability to pay. There is no definitive answer as each is considered on a case by case basis. But it is possible

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, please ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and good luck