How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27010
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My fiance and I are separating. We have lived together off

Resolved Question:

My fiance and I are separating. We have lived together off and on for 7 years in California and for the last two and a half years in St. Louis. During the "off" times he was suppporting me about 95 percent. Sometimes when we were not living together, I would be living at his place.

I have been primary caregiver to him (he has Parkinson's) and at the present time I have medical power of attorney as well as major beneficiary of his wiil.

Am I entitled to any support?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.



It is possible that you could sue for palimony since you have been living together for 7 years. It will depend on your ability to get a job and what you are capable of earning, as well as his ability to pay. There is no definitive answer as each is considered on a case by case basis. But it is possible




If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, please ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and good luck


Samuel II and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions