JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
11068102

Hello, there We recently adopted a 15 months old girl internationally.

Hello, there
We recently adopted a 15 months old girl internationally. I thought I was ready to raise and love this child but I still don't feel any affection for the baby. I already have 2 biological children and I cannot love this child as much as I love my children. It's been 3 months now since she has arrived and every day is full of depression. I see a counselor regularly but it seems doesn't help. The baby has a very strong character, when she cries she screams and tries to get out of the car seat or the bed. I never seen a wild acting baby like her before. I am considering disclose for now but I feel so guilty when I think about that. We filled out the legal adopting forms for the court and went to court with the adoption attorney. She said it will take about 3-4 months from now to finaliae the adoption.
What is your opinion on this and how complicate is it to disclose,including fees?
Is it too early to decide disclose or is it better do it soon before our children are adjust to her? I am very depressed even the depression medicine doesn't seem work.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 6 years ago.
If you aren't sure you want to adopt then you need to let the lawyer know ASAP. There are plenty of other families that would be willing to take the child and if she is causing you problems then you need to discuss it with the lawyer ASAP.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

How complicated is it to cancel the adoption after the finalization?

Is it better to take an action now or is it too early to decide based on your experiece?

We notified the agency about this and they started watching us closely, visiting us every week , email me every other day. They keep bothering too much until we decide.

I'd like to know detail law process before we come to a decision.

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 6 years ago.
If it is complete it can't be canceled, that is why it is important to contact the lawyer ASAP. My feeling is that if you are having doubts, you need to discuss them now because once it is complete there is no way to reverse it.