Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

MY HUSBAND LIVES IN HIS HOME MOST OF THE TIMEAND SOMETIMES

MY HUSBAND LIVES IN HIS HOME MOST OF THE TIMEAND SOMETIMES IN MINE, MY HOME IS NOT PAID FOR AS HIS IS. I AM 69 AND UNABLE TO WORK RIGHT NOW, HAD BACK SURG. 090809, DR, SAID A WILL NEED SURG. AGAIN BECAUSE OF AN INFECTION IN MY BACK DUE TO SURG.I RECEIVE SS CHECK A MONTH. I DO NOT WANT A SEP. OR DIVORCE BECAUSE MY TRICARE FOR LIFE WILL END, INEED THIS TO PAY FOR MY MEDICINES AND 20 PERCENT ,MEDICARE THAT DOES NOT PAY. MY HUSBAND HAS BEEN VERABLE AND PHY. TO ME. PLEASE HELP ME ,I NEED SOME SUPORT, MY HUSBAND IS A RETIRED COL.6 0F THE ARMY.THANKYOU VIVIAN B MEJIA (NNN) NNN-NNNN I LIVE IN WOODBRIDGE VA. 22193
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.
Legally, there is no way to force him to support you while married - ridiculous I know.

However, if you file for legal separation or divorce, you can get a court order for spousal support and for continued medical insurance if if is provided by him through employment/retirement.

It is also possible to make him pay for your attorney if you can't afford one. Your attorney can file a motion for this.

I know it's not what you want, but in order to legally get support, you'll have to file a separation or divorce action.