Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

My childs father continually violates the court order that

Customer Question

My child's father continually violates the court order that we currently have. Four times since June he has kept my children. And; again last night- that makes five. Last night I was to pick up my children at his house at 6pm. He sent a message to me at 5:20pm that stated " You can meet us at 'x gas station' at 7:30." I went to his house at 6pm- they werent there. They arrived at 'x gas station' at 7:40pm. And, to add to this, my children were with the girlfriend two nights; a grandmother's at 6AM (on a school morning) and another grandmother's overnight. I am home due to a work related injury. What legal ramifications do I have?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.

Hi

You should consider filing a Contempt of Court Motion wherein you would have a hearing with the Judge who issued the Order. Your ex will have to appear and "show cause" why he is not following the Order.

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, please ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and good luck