Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I am looking for an lawyer with some experience to deal with

Customer Question

I am looking for an lawyer with some experience to deal with a manipulative bully that schemes scenes to appear as a victim. Criminal and divorce overlapping. I was forced into signing a divorce settlement with no appropriate details regarding return of kids from overseas. No consequences for breaches of this agreement. Now I have no lawyer and his lawyer wants to bring this to judge tohave a divorce judgement. She says I should go and present it at court house department.

1. Can judgement order be given without me being there or not having a lawyer based on this agreement?

2. Gun parts are in trust from my previous lawyer's request with plaintif's lawyer. Can plaintif's lawyer release parts since my lawyer is not representing me anymore?

Your response and assistance is much needed and appreciated

Thank you for your time

Yours truly,

Helen Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

P.s. Do you know of similar advisory service in Aberta?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ANDREA, replied 4 years ago.

Are the divorce proceedings taking place in Montana ?

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no. In Edmonton Alberta Canada but here they have a legal system that ressembles the American legal system
Expert:  ANDREA, replied 4 years ago.

You had mentioned the State of Montana and I thought that possibly the proceedings are taking place in the United States.

Since the proceedings are with a Canadian Court, I will have to opt out and transfer your question to our Canadian legal experts.

I wish you the best

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your referal to a lawyer with similar knowledge and experience as yours. I hope they have a good success rate. How can I verify this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 4 years ago.
I am a Canada law expert and I can assist you.

I have several questions first.

What do you mean when you say you were forced to sign and are you talking about a Separation Agreement?

Did you have a lawyer acting for you then?

What you are supposed to present and to whom are you supposed to present this? I am not really following.

Please explain about the gun parts.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your prompt response.

Did you get the initial summary I had forwarded to Andrea who referred me to you in Canada?

I am in Edmonton Alberta Canada. Backed against the wall I signed a divorce settlement to quickly get sufficient finance to deal with my situation which left me with little to no ressource and heavy criminal charges up for trial last I know for Nov. 16 and 17, 2010. I am in immediate need of a reasonable and skilled lawyer who can understand and bridge the overlapping of the criminal and divorce matter. Mr. Harold Brubaker is my criminal lawyer from Engel Brubaker law firm. I am seeing him this Wednesday Nov. 3, 2010 pm.

Briefly, I had a notorized document with physical and legal custody of my children back in 2009. My spouse was on probation for assault. I expressed and intended to get my children back from Lebanon. My former husband threated me to retrieve all my priviledges if I did not sign back everything to him, live in the basement and pay for him.

He managed to turn the scene around and take over by playing this manipulative, bullying viticm scheme.

Past experienced lawyer relied only on evidence provided by police without talking with me, inquiring about facts global situation or evidence I could bring forth. Criminal Lawyer says he has nothing to do with my divorce and divorce lawyer says that he has nothing to do with my criminal case. I find this ridiculous as the criminal matter what created, invented and staged by my former spouse to corner me, charge me, get the support from the legal and police system in his favor and gain over the divorce matter. In reality I am the true victim but my reaching out was ignored or minimal info or passive listening occured. I was left with no assistance.

The plaintif, My former spouse, is in breech of the divorce settlement agreement which now his lawyer is asking me to bring to courthouse to have it put as a court order. The lawyer who participated in getting this order has not included any protective clause such as a firm deadline for the return of children from Lebanon and plans for gradual decrease of supervision during access of visits. Much mind games and emotional psychological games on children confusing, scaring and alienating or weakening the child mother bound. My former spouse has destabilized me and I believe from what he said in past 2009 and indirectly reiterated in 2010 that he plans to take kids to Quebec. His lawyer does practice law in Quebec. Plaintif is knowleadgeable and cunning but plays as victim and other games to not let me access (and participate) medical and educational information about my children.

I had cared for all aspects of the family but he denies the positives and he reflects his negatives onto me.

Thank you for your much needed and appreciated presence.

Yours truly,

Helen

Where are the children now then?

Are you saying there is an Order granting you custody?

If so who took them to Lebanon?

Are you in Alberta now and wanting a top family lawyer (with knowledge of criminal law) in Edmonton?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
One 8 year old boy here in Edmonton, 3 others in Lebanon, boy 6 yrs girl 10 and girl 14.

Probably in love and engaged with threats such as losing their engagement love if they returned to Canada or to their mother (me)

If so who took them to Lebanon?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no order. if you read carefully in previous response I explained that it was a notorized agreement where my ex spouse had granted me custody of children. I also signed permission to travel and access medical care in case of need for my sister in law who actually took kids to Lebanon while I was dealing with matrimonial issues with their dad.
I posted a reply and made some suggestions on finding a lawyer but I am not sure that this posted. Did you see my answer?

I also wrote about incorporating the agreement into an order.

If not let me know and I will do it again.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No indeed I did not see suggestions of lawyers you find would be a good pick that may be available to promptly look into this urgent matter.

Thank you for your good work.
I am sorry the site is having difficulties.

I will try again.

The first thing I had explained was that I know that there was an agreement about custody.

But that usually if there becomes a dispute with respect to custody then the first thing that usually happens is that the parent with custody seeks to have the agreement incorporated into a Court order so I was asking and hoping that this had happened.

As it did not this is something to talk to the lawyer about.

What you can do to find a lawyer is one of the following things.

You can contact the Law Society and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.

The number is:

1-800-661-1095

Or you can check on a site called lexpert. This is a legal directory of leading lawyers and law firms throughout Canada and is well-respected by the legal community.

Here's the link to their website:

http://www.lexpert.ca/Directory/DirectoryContent/FindLawyersOrFirm.aspx

I hope that helps as a starting point.